By Aaron E. Ziebarth – Executive Director
For many years, the Joy El Jubilee has been a memorable event for Grandparents, Parents and Children. I asked a few people lately, why they like to attend – here are five great reasons:
1) There is something new every year! And this year you will see some amazing reptiles, as well as Steven—our new Food Service Coordinator—and a new addition to our camp facilities.
2) The BBQ Chicken! It smells great while it is cooking, and tastes even better. You can by 1/4 or 1/2 chicken and you get baked beans, Martin’s potato roll, applesauce or coleslaw, cake and beverage. There are also other food options: hot dog, Italian sausage, Ham & Bean Soup, Chicken Corn soup and more. Some people prefer to have the soup and sausage during the day, and get a to-go order of the chicken.
3) Seeing old friends and making new friends. There are many places to talk, and much to talk about—and this year you might want to sit in the new Gazebo.
4) Watching families enjoy each other. (I don’t always see that at Walmart :)). They really take advantage of all there is to offer, and enjoy each other while doing it. All activities are free: zip-line, hayrides, s’mores, Belgium horse wagon rides, canoeing, face painting, giant swing, Flying Squirrel, go-karts, archery, mini-golf, children’s games and much more.
5) Seeing the excitement as parents and children learn about Camp and Released Time. When they learn what is available to them during the school day through the Released Time Bible Program, or the many options during Summer Camp (Adventure, Discovery Day Camps, Overnight Camps) they can’t wait to participate. (See Summer Camp options here: http://www.joyelcamps.org/summer_camps/general-summer-info/welcome-summer-camp)
Please join us, and invite your friends! I recommending coming early, right at 10 before the crowds grow. And let me know what you enjoy most about the Jubilee!
For more information: http://www.joyelcamps.org/content/joy-el-jubilee
For directions: http://www.joyelcamps.org/directions or call 717.369.4539.