By Aaron E. Ziebarth, Executive Director
We are thankful that we have been able to have four weeks of summer camp in south Central Pennsylvania. God has been at work. Recently we asked our counselors, “How have you seen God at work?” Here is what they shared:
- On the hike my campers asked me about technology and how it is a distraction, they wanted to join the 12 leadership training program and we had in depth conversations about the benefits of having a mentor and about scripture memory.
- God answered our prayers for strength and sustenance through the week – for campers and counselors!
- My campers stepped up to care for others and chose to act out the Gospel.
- A camper began to understand what sin is and how it is everywhere and affects everyone. She seemed to make the connection between sin and why Jesus had to die and how He loves her.
- I was able to help lead three boys to know Christ.
- We did a prayer walk and prayed for protection. It opened up amazing conversations about having hope in Jesus.
- Two of the campers in my cabin who were a bit more troubled started a relationship with Christ.
- One camper who did not pray at the start of the week, prayed out loud for our cabin.
- When one camper began a relationship with Christ for the first time and another rededicated her life to Christ!
If you haven’t already seen it, view our recent video interviewing some of this year’s counselors on what it’s meant to them to be a counselor this summer.
All this from just one week. Thank you for praying. If you know children who would benefit from this type of experience there are still weeks available for Day camp and Overnight camps. Energizer 4 is almost full however we have added Energizer 5 and Energizer 6 for children who have completed 2 – 6th grade.