By Aaron E. Ziebarth
One never knows how God will show up during the week of summer camp. Having seen Him at work, we can easily think he’ll do the same thing again in the same way. But God isn’t like that. In almost 3 decades of summer camp ministry I continue to be amazed at how God moves in new ways.
Often people wonder how God works at camp? Here are some reasons. During the last two weeks, I heard from three staff members. Here is what they said:
- We were hiking in the mountain, and the creation He made for us was breathtaking. Campers kept asking more questions about the Bible.
- He taught me to focus not on my failures, not on working to remedy them. We cannot go back and change the things that we’ve done, they are in the past, and Christ has forgiven them. We should instead strive to be better and not make the same mistake again. We need to learn and grow in Christ, not get bogged down in our failures.
- I had a cold and God gave me the strength to power through with not much sleep. Then, I saw God when a camper was putting himself down and was homesick.
- Two of my girls gave their lives to Jesus and one asked me if she could tell her mom and dad about Jesus.
- Shelly (Not her real name) had a complete life change after rededicating her life Wednesday.
We praise the Lord that in the first two weeks,
- Forty-three children began a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- 131 were shown scripture, prayed and were assured of their relationship with him
- 100 rededicated their lives to the Lord Jesus Christ.
God is at work during each week of Christian camps in PA and Christian Retreat Centers in pa
Summer camp is happening now!
- Make new Friends!
- Awesome Chapel Sessions!
- Learn skills like archery, swimming and canoeing.
- Ride the Zip-line.
- Multiple Camps. Some sessions are filled. Don’t miss out. Sign Up Now!
Joy El Camps and Retreats, is a Christian Camps in PA, we offer Christian camps and retreats in PA and we are a retreat centers in PA since 1974. Our focus on making disciples is seen in Bible Adventure and the 4.12 Leadership Training Program