No summer camp experience should be without a rustic option! For kids who love the great outdoors and “roughing- it” camping, check out our wildly popular Wilderness Camps and Traverse Wilderness Camps.
Wilderness Camps are rustic summer camp living. Campers live in platform tents and sleep on bunks inside the tents. Campers take all their meals at outdoors in the Wilderness Village. Restroom facilities are port-a-pots. Showers are available daily at the pool shower room. Wilderness and Traverse Wilderness campers live in smaller communities than our other overnight campers. Smaller groups allow for deeper relationships to grow and greater spiritual growth to take place. They participate in high adventure activities such as tubing down Back Creek, Giant Swing, Flying Squirrel, Zipline, Climbing Wall, and more. Chapel times take place in the Wilderness Village for these campers where they have a more intimate worship setting in their small group. Evenings are spent around a campfire, sharing stories and life and worshipping.
Some of the exciting things about Wilderness camp this summer include:
- We have remodeled wilderness camp with improved facilities.
- An emphasis on building skills and connecting in nature
- Take an adventure trip each week!
Wilderness Camp schedule is as follows:
- Wilderness Camp 1 – Grades 6 to 9 … June 15-18 (Tue-Fri.)
- Traverse Wilderness Camp 1 – Grades 5 & 6 … June 20-25
- Wilderness Camp 2 – BOYS ONLY – Grades 2 to 5 … June 27-July 2
- Wilderness Camp 3 – Grades 6 to 9 … July 4-July 9
- Wilderness Camp 4 – BOYS ONLY – Grades 6 to 9 … July 11-16
- Traverse Wilderness Camp 2 – Grades 5 & 6 … July 18-23
- Wilderness Camp 5 – Grades 6 to 9 … July 25-30
- Wilderness Trail Camp – Grades 6 to 12 … August 1-6
For pricing on Wilderness Camps, click here.
NOTE: Camper group photos will be made available for all Wilderness Camps and Traverse Wilderness Camps. Photos throughout the week will be posted on Wednesday and Friday evenings. A DVD is not available for these camps.
Campership funds are available where there is a need for financial help to send your child to camp. We strongly encourage campers using campership funds to register prior to the start of summer. Campership funds may become limited in the later weeks of summer.
To register for Wilderness and Traverse Wilderness Camps, click the orange “Register Now” button below.
What to bring for Wilderness and Traverse Wilderness Camps
All Campers: Please label all luggage and belongings
- Clothing: Casual summer camp clothes, modest one-piece swimsuit, sweatshirt or jacket, extra pair of shoes
- Bedding: pillow, sleeping bag or sheets and blankets
- Personal items: Towel, sleeping bag or blankets, toiletries, insect repellent, sunscreen, camera, etc.
- Study items: Bible, notebook and a pen or pencil
- Spending money: All campers will deposit their money in the camp bank either when they register or when they check in for their session. Camp staff will keep a running total of their balance. Money left over at the end of the week will be refunded to your child on the last day of summer camp.
- In addition to the list above, Wilderness Campers should also bring the following: a school backpack to carry shower supplies, one or two plastic grocery bags, one or two pairs of old sneakers, one or two sets of clothes that can get dirty.
For information on overnight camps that use cabin housing, visit one of these pages: