I am very thankful!
By Aaron E. Ziebarth, Executive Director
Recently the Joy El Staff team paused from our normal routine for a day of prayer and fasting. Even though our main offices are at a Christian camp and retreat center right in the heart of PA, it doesn’t make it easy to stop, but we are glad we did! At one point we sat in silence for a few moments to consider what we were thankful for. I thought I would share a portion of my list this Thanksgiving day.
- I am very thankful that Jan and Nate led worship today
- I am very thankful that Stephanie and I were able to go on a missions trip recently and teach together
- I am very thankful for a possible large gift for Joy El tomorrow
- I am very thankful for the 3,086 children who are hearing the Hope Jesus Christ provides through Bible Adventure
- I am very thankful for God’s provision of donors for our banquets
- I am very thankful for the opportunity to speak on a great passage on Sunday
- I am very thankful for 2 scholarships that my oldest daughter recently received
- I am very thankful that God provided wisdom for the search for Camping Ministries Assistant
- I am very thankful that Steve and Shawn helped cut down the tree at our house
- I am thankful that my son is doing well in college
- I am thankful for the 115 teens who are developing as leaders through the 4.12 Program
- I am thankful for scripture memory
- I am thankful that my youngest daughter is doing well in her transition into High School
- I am thankful for the staff who are called to serve at Joy El
- I am thankful for Amy my assistant
- I am thankful that the spiritual fields are ripe for harvest (John 4:35)
- I am very thankful for the volunteers that serve throughout Joy El
- I am so thankful for the 530 souls that began a relationship with Jesus in the last year
- I am thankful that we are receiving a kingdom that can’t be shaken (Hebrews 12:28)!
And the list goes on. I am blessed. I have so much to be thankful for.
Hebrews 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,
Want to be more thankful?
Here is a good article Christian gratitude
Upcoming Joy El Events Home School Retreat Bible Adventure Weekend